What does DAG aim to do?
DAG aims to help governing boards to further the interests of the children in our schools by:
- providing a collective voice for governors both locally in relation to the Local Authority and nationally through the National Governance Association by making representations and responding to consultations
- sharing and consulting on issues of common concern and offering guidance as appropriate
- disseminating the national experience of Governing Boards and governor associations
- encouraging governors and clerks to share experience and concerns
- identifying and distributing best practice.
The Way DAG Operates
Members of the DAG Board are elected at the AGM following the annual conference or co-opted during the year. The Chair and Vice-chair are elected at the first board meeting following the AGM. The officers and representatives of the Association are appointed by the Board.
Agenda 15 November 2021
Draft Constitution 2021
Chairs Report 2021
Accounts for the year ended 31.03.21
DAG AGM Minutes 2020-11-23
Chairs Report 2020 Accounts for the year ended 31.03.20
Board member role descriptor